There was an article recently published in my Fl State Massage Therapy publication by Teresa M. Matthews, LMT, CPT that I want to share with you.
Teresa listed some important reasons for stretching every day. Start with slow, controlled movements and conscious breath. Stretching will get your day off to a good start and end it relaxed and ready for a good night’s sleep.
Benefits of stretching:
– improves flexibility and health of muscles, tendons and ligaments.
– stimulates the circulation and drainage of lymph, which helps eleminate metabolic wastes.
– breaks down the friction and gluing among facial sheathes (prevents muscles from moving independently)
– separates fibrosis and breaks down adhesions that may have resulted from trauma or inflammation (helps with scar tissue after surgery)
– reduces muscle spasms
– reduces the risk of muscle strain and tears
Have a great day and stay healthy,
- Best Exercises for Stretching the Scapular Muscles (brighthub.com)
- What causes achilles tendons to feel strained and pulled tight? (zocdoc.com)
- The Dos and Don’ts of Stretching (everydayhealth.com)
- How to Warm Up and Cool Down (everydayhealth.com)